Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Costume Fun

St. Patrick's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I don't know if it is the Irish in me, but I love the green beer and the Irish tunes and the fun and frivolity. As Irish luck would have it, I got an invitation today to a St. Patrick's Day party. And it is from a guy known to have some of the best parties in town! (I may not get to go though, as a friend from high school will be in town and expects me to do something with her. I don't know if she will want to go to a big party where she doesn't know anyone else.) But I will kiss the Blarney Stone and hope for the best.

Most of the time I don't see people wearing costumes to St. Patrick's Day parties, but my invite suggests that we do. I am not good at coming up with costumes on my own, so I was looking on the Web for ideas. I found a great place where I can order a costume. Since I am looking for love, maybe I should go for the Luscious Leprechaun outfit from incostume.com. Or there is also a great looking Beer Garden girl outfit. (It looks more Bavarian than Irish, but it will work for St. Patrick's Day. Who's quibbling when there is lots of beer involved?) I could get a green wig that would go with either outfit, and it would be a smash.

The site also has some wonderful Adult Halloween Costumes and outfits perfect for other occasions. I love the adult Greek Goddess outfit they sell, and I would feel so good wearing it. The Michael Myers one is soooo scary.

But as to this coming weekend: Irish Eyes are smiling!


No comments: