Wednesday, April 9, 2008

An Anglophile's Dream Vacation

My sister is a true Anglophile. She eats, sleeps, and breathes all things English. In college, she went on an architectural history tour of some quaint areas in England. That was about 20 years ago, and she still talks about it with such fondness. She also devours all of the English sitcoms and murder mysteries on PBS. I would love to see her take another trip to England--something that could be as special for her this time as it was last time. I had heard nice things about the Isle of Wight but didn't know much about it. I found it on the Web, and it took my breath away. It is the quintessential English retreat. I would want to stay at the Isle of Wight Hotel. The gardens are spectacular. (See how easily I thrust myself into my sister's imaginary vacation?) Maybe it won't be so imaginary someday. I could see her wanting to stay there for a long time.

No comments: