Saturday, July 3, 2010

Fourth of July: Let The Fun Begin

I am a holiday nut--there is no holiday I don't like. Everyday could be a holiday as far as I am concerned. But 4th of July is particularly fun, I think. One reason is it is in the heart of the summer, and usually there is some form of swimming, boating, fishing, skiing, or the like. And the food! Mostly junk food of course: hots and hamburgers. Brownies, etc. It is one day that we can eat junk food without feeling guilty. And the beer! I am mostly a wine drinker, but once in a while like beer, and I really like the different and new kinds of beer. I am amazed when I go to the grocery store and see the vast array of beers: all of the honey wheats, which I love, the Japanese beers, which I love, the old standbys like Rolling Rock, which I love, Pacifico Webtrek, and the list goes on and on. Used to be you had basic beer choices like Miller, Bud, Michelob, either high test or light. Now, there are almost as many beers as wines. I can see why beer tasting has become an event now. Plenty of new versions to try. I have never been to a beer tasting, but I would like to do that at some point. I might be surprised at what all is out there to try.

No comments: