Sunday, May 18, 2008

Paint Warfare

Call me nuts, but I have always wanted to play paintball. Now that wouldn't be wierd if I weren't a woman of my age. But I am, and I do want to play paintball. Talking my friends into playing it with me might be a trick though.

I did some research on paintball, and found out a few facts: that paintballs were created in the 1970s as a way to mark trees or cattle, and the first games were not played until two decades later. You must wear protective goggles.The game has been criticized by some as trivializing and promoting warfare, but it is actually a safe sport, and supporters say it promotes teamwork, sportsmanship, professionalism, and camaraderie.

In a game of paintball, you eliminate players by hitting them with a paintball that leaves them visibly marked with paint. What would happen if the players wore tie-dye outfits, and no one knew when someone was hit by a paintball?

No comments: