Friday, April 16, 2010

Plenty Of Fish Seems Happenin'

A relative of mine recently told me she had found someone nice on Plenty of Fish or POF as it is called. I had wanted to try it out for a while, and her success encouraged me to sign up. It is a free dating site, and I like free! I had put it off earlier, because of some negatives I had heard about it, like--you get what you pay for! And all the guys just trolling for sex are on it.

Well, I am not sure about that. But I do know that I have had a lot more responses from POF than I have had from Match.com lately. Match seems like a barren land to me anymore, and it costs $30 a month! I may just cancel my subscription to it for a while, but still keep my profile up. I haven't had any good bites from Match in a long time.

But I have had a string of seemingly nice men contacting me on POF. I have only met two, and they both liked me. (More on this later.) Another one seemed annoyed that I had stopped writing him and didn't call him back soon enough (still haven't met this one and probably won't.)

So at least so far, I like POF. I am not sure why nice men wouldn't be on it. If I like free, I am sure they do too.

No comments: