Friday, December 19, 2008

When Will I Be Free of Debt?

Just when I think things are going better with my money, I realize they aren't. Not really. Not much better at any rate. I am out of school and not paying monthly tuition anymore. So I should have a lot of discretionary money and be able to pay off my bills faster. But it just doesn't seem to be happening. And I am not really sure why. All I know is I can't keep doing this. I need to pay off my bills and then save money, etc. I should have done this years ago. It is sad to think how much money I have wasted. I am a little better--at least I am not adding to my debt. But I am not paying it off as fast as I should either.

I would never declare bankruptcy. I just have too much pride for that, and it is not right either. It dogs you forever. I did see a site for debt settlement though that I may investigate.

Debt problems can be so embarrassing, and it can even interfere with your employment and love life. The love life is what I have been worried about. Who wants to marry someone with a poor credit score? Just think of that commercial that has been running about the guy married to the girl with the poor credit score. Anyway, I need to clean my debt up. I am headed in the right direction--I just need to give it some more gas!

No comments: