Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Problem With Chemistry

I am honored to be a lifetime (free) member of chemistry.com, but I have to admit that I don't really like it. I think it is a slow and cumbersome process, and I don't really see the point. Most of us adults are capable of initiating meeting someone on our own, and if we aren't, then that is not a good sign.

This one lobster who initiated the process with me on chemistry, and who at first interested me, has now lost my interest.

I like his looks; according to chemistry we are compatible; and I guess we liked each others' answers.

So what is the problem? Well, even though he initiated the process, he never initiated an email to me first. BIG MISTAKE.

I guess that was because before I even knew about it, he had "archived me," which is code word for that he had closed out our match, and I couldn't email him even if I wanted to do.

I only found out about this when I got an email from chemistry saying that this duded had "unarchived" me, code word for what ever other relationship he was intersted in hadn't worked out, and that "I am free to contact him at any time."

Um...no thanks.

No comments: