Thursday, August 14, 2008

Body Beautiful: No Detox Diets

I have done the Hollywood 48 diet a couple of times. It does work. I have lost some pounds, although maybe not as many as 10 during 48 as what they publicize. It is a hassle to do--nothing to eat or drink for 48 hours except for their juice mixture and as much water as you can stand. Each time it did make me feel better afterwards and did jumpstart my dieting. I was thinking about doing it again, as I desperately need to get in shape. But I read an article online yesterday about the dangers of detox diets. Hair loss, brain damage, etc. I guess this probably can happen with diets that last longer than 48 hours, but now I am a little leery about even 48 hours. All I know is that I need to start exercising and watching what I eat. Maybe tonight.

No comments: