Friday, February 22, 2008

I Am Breaking Up With a Message Board

Yes, I am breaking up with a dating message board that I have been a part of for a while. But don't worry--I have a couple of other dating message boards in the wing.

It is a sign of our times and our technology. We become members of a cyber community and get involved. Sometimes too involved. We have never met these people, but we let them get under our skin.

This board is a private board and you have to be admitted. And there comes the price. If you step out of line, they bite you. We have moderators, but they do nothing to moderate when their "friends" get out of line. I suggested that the moderators do something, and they said no. They want a board with no rules, but the funny part is they have plenty of rules. They just don't admit it.

I think because of this they have decided they don't like me. They tend not to respond to my messages anymore. I can't deny it hurts. But how stupid, as this is just a message board! I am not part of their group. And that really is OK, because if this were in real life, I think a lot of them are younger than me, and they are not the people I would want to hang with or get advice from. There are several other people in my position with this board. We just keep trying, and they just keep not caring.

Not for this chick anymore.

No comments: