Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Fascination With Mickey Rourke

I remember years ago when a co-worker and I talked about how sexy Mickey Rourke was. Sexy in almost a creepy way. If you don't know what I mean, watch Six and a Half Weeks. Yowzer.

But now, it seems like Rourke would be anything but sexy. I never understood why he left his acting career to become a boxer. Wierd! But I have heard that he was too difficult to work with as an actor. Then, I guess his face was beaten up with boxing, in addition to aging. Apparently he had some bad plastic surgery, which he denies. But whatever, he just looks bad. But it is hard to turn away--like it is hard not to look at a car wreck. But there is still something very compelling about Mickey Rourke. I just can't name what it is.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/galleryfeature/sunken-dreamboats/?GT1=28112

No comments: